Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

August 28, 2010

Goblet cells containing wine?!?!

We were told yesterday in our GI medicine lecture that goblet cells are named so because they resemble wine goblets. My first thought was, how do wine goblets look like? (and got distracted in the process) Anyways, so I decided to compare side by side a goblet cell and a wine goblet to gauge their resemblance.
Ehh, I wouldn't say that the resemblance is uncanny...your thoughts? Nevertheless, every time I examine a goblet cell under a microscope, I'm going to see wine goblets and think "Ooo...but where's the wine?" One thing I got out of this though is that if I'll remember medical facts like these (well this one is relatively unimportant but you know what I mean) by thinking up of silly associations, so be it! On y va! (I think that means here we go in French)

Alright, I'm going to stop procrastinating and actually open my book now.

2 comments:

  1. IZZY, I think that the goblet cell almost looks like champagne bubbling out...I LIKEY =))

    ReplyDelete