Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

April 25, 2010

Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb (served medium rare)- Gordon Ramsay F Word style

I’ve been wanting to savour rack of lamb for the longest time so I decided to make it myself. I totally forgot to buy bread crumbs or parmesan cheese- so i improvised. Well for the bread crumbs I toasted wholewheat bread and just mashed it and placed it in the blender and as for the parmesan cheese, I borrowed my roommates (Good thing she had some). Anyways, here’s how I did it:

Season lamb cutlets with salt and pepper – rub it in

Pan fry it for a few seconds until both sides brown

Preheat oven to 350F (around there) and bake it for 7-8 minutes

To make the herb crust, mix bread crumbs, parsley, thyme and rosemary, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese and a tinge of olive oil to make it all stick together and place it all into the blender (I didn’t use as much thyme because I ran out)

When lamb cutlet is done being baked, put on dijon mustard on it and then dip this into the herb crust

Bake in the oven for another 2-3 minutes

Voila you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment