I had a really really good break because I had a chance to catch up with my close friends (spent some quality hangout time- got to cook a recipe together with a good friend and with another one I got to play some songs on the electric keyboard while she played around on her drum set- though we never got recording it was still a memorable moment- we also got to do our traditional Keg dinner and reminisce on old times) and though I didn’t get to spend much time with my sister (she studied a lot due to her crazy exam schedule and I never got down to studying after my philosophy exam), I did get to see her (so I cooked her a few dishes from Gordon Ramsay’s cookbook such as pork chop in piquant sauce and chicken breasts wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with sage and ricotta cheese to help her de-stress/ lessen cooking time so she can study more). I was actually fairly pleased that she liked the dishes I made for her because she is very picky and has very high standards. I also got to go dancing at Rouge and at Lavish and got hammered both nights and both nights ended on very high notes (somehow I always do end up smoking a lot of cigarettes when I’m drunk and also shisha) I should really stop shortening my life haha! I also got a chance to shop for things- I was actually surprised at what an efficient shopper I was- I bought everything I had made a list for in 1/1/2 days. I think it’s also touching to know that some of my friends (that I’m not as close to) set aside a few hours to hang out especially when they were nowhere near ready for their 60% final exam that was on the next day & doing poorly would affect their entrance into professional school)- instead they are going to sacrifice a few hours of sleep. It was also super refreshing to be able to drive myself around. Also, I found an old childhood friend on facebook. Well I had her on msn all along but never really realized it. Turns out she is currently in Sydney and would love to show me around. She seems very spontaneous and adventurous so I’ve decided that in my 6 years in Australia, I will come down to Sydney and visit her. It’s funny because when I moved to Australia a few months ago I thought I didn’t know anyone there (except for a few cousins) but now I remembered that most of my classmates from middle school all went to Australia and that I would still have them on facebook. Tis the power of facebook! It’s funny how when you think one door closes (the path in Canada), another one opens (the new life in Australia). For example, in Australia I’m basically forced to be more active since I have to bike everywhere to get to places. I also find that in Australia, the more relaxed and laid back me is brought out more. (Though I’d say my parents would argue that I am too laid back for my own good sometimes. I disagree however!)

With all these things being said though, I think the most important thing was the realization of these things back home:

- My friendships with my close friends are strong enough to evolve into an adult friendship status- where you don’t have to see each other constantly to maintain the friendship (we can be apart for months on end without much contact and meet up and catch up like old times) I am very grateful to know this.

- Though we are all going in different directions, I know that we will all still keep in touch no matter the distance or circumstances

- I want a girl that makes me feel the same kind of euphoria I do when I sing and dance

- It’s these friendships and closeness to others that empowers me

- Learning new things/ being excited about things fires me up. I want to stay curious and keep on asking those questions, even though some may come across as being stupid!