Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

April 5, 2010

Red Wine Beef Burger Recipe


Still recovering from a crazy dancing night out last night! Poor life choices rock - just had another glass of red wine for dinner today (after having a whole bottle of red wine to myself last night). To be fair, I had a really good buzz going on through the whole night (I started drinking at around 730 pm until about 1030pm so it was a good gradual buzz lasting me the whole night). Anyways, I just thought that I would start blogging about food that I cook. Today for dinner I made red wine burgers and it was a great success! Recipe is as follows:

Done in this order:
- marinate burger in red wine+pepper (i think freshly ground ones would be best)+salt for about an hour
-caramelize the onions- i used brown sugar (around 2 teaspoons but i used heaps of onions though) and then add in some worchestire sauce
-pan fry burger patty (best to grill but we dont have a grill)
-grill burger buns (we used the toaster oven)
-place cheese on bun (i used cheddar cheese)
voila!

I tried using Jack Daniels bbq sauce on the side but it didn't work well with the actual burger itself so I ate the burger by itself without any side sauces and it was amazing! You could really taste the red wine in the burger patty and the sweetness/ smokey taste of the caramelized onions.

Me and my roommate Pranav ate this with a side of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon).

Talk about having the perfect dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment