Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

April 21, 2010

Pork chop with Piquant Sauce - Gordon Ramsay Style

So while I was in Canada I decided to start cooking from Gordon Ramsay's cook books (I bought 2 online off of amazon.ca). I chose pork chop with piquant sauce since my sister doesn't like steak/ lamb chops that much and I don't really like chicken, so pork is our common ground.
When I read recipes, I don't really read them carefully, so I did not pay attention to the fact thatI would need more tomatoes. So while making the piquant sauce, I had to cook it for longer and had to add more sugar than usual and had to keep on garnishing it. The sauce did turn out well (my sister said it was delicious) but for next time, read the recipe more carefully! Though my mom did say that real cooking doesn't involve recipes. (I do agree with that to some extent now...but when I first heard it I was like, come on mom, throw me a bone here...I just started cooking!) So here is the end product and at this point, I'm too lazy to write down how I made it:

No comments:

Post a Comment