Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 24, 2010

Creamy egg noodles pasta with chardonnay, portobello mushrooms, asparagus and spinach

So today is a special Monday because I don't have class until 4pm AND I had a compelling desire to cook creamy pasta with some chardonnay (and also felt like having a glass of it on the side in the afternoon). So in the spirit of trying something new, I did just that! I still have a slight buzz actually (and ironically I'm learning about ageing and death). Anyways, here is how I cooked it:
- pan fried garlic, portobello mushrooms, asparagus and spinach
- added cream sauce
- added 3/4 cup of Chardonnay (McWilliam's Inheritance 2008 version)
- added some salt and pepper (apparently salt brings out the sugar)
- added raw sugar
Fantastic! It reminded me of the pasta dish my good friend Danny got from Tru restaurant in London, Canada. Wow, the portobello mushrooms tasted wonderful! Mushrooms really do absorb a lot of the flavour and it just oozed heavenly sauce. (The taste was SPOT ON with the perfect balance of bitterness from the wine and the sweetness of the sugar... though I would have liked it if it was more thick...I have yet to figure out how to make the sauce thicker) Then I ate this with my egg noodles pasta and a glass of Chardonnay. Loving life! These are just one of the ways that I use to pamper myself. Hey, you only live once so why not?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment