Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 13, 2010

Hey TV shows, you are wrong!

I find great joy when I learn things in class that points to TV shows' fact faults. A few things are:
- Water breaking during pregnancy (this amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac actually contains prostaglandins by the way) is not always the first event that occurs as it can break at any point during active labour
- Labour actually takes a darn long time. If TV shows were to show the actual thing nobody would include childbirth (oh wait, let me be pretentious and call it parturition now) in their show

Sometimes I wonder how TV show writers decide what kinds of medical facts to include in their show and how they never consult knowledgeable people about it. In this example, it would be any medical student/ simply googling it up?

Maybe they are just too busy writing up the drama part of the script.

I'm just putting it out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment