Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 16, 2010

Healthy breakfast to kick off the day!

(Note that the toast was in pieces because I defrosted them and chunks came out...nevertheless, it was still good)

So I remembered that I bought a cookbook when I went for my community placement with the Heart Foundation. So this recipe is from that book (promotes heart healthy foods):

toast (sunflower seed) + light ricotta cheese + mixed berries

I also had it with banana smoothie (made it yoghurt, milk, 1 banana and a teaspoon of honey- i didn't want to make the smoothie too sweet to overpower the ricotta cheese + toast combination since they didnt have any added sugars except what sweetness the berries would bring!).
Wonderful! The toast was still warm and crunchy and the mixed berries (i got frozen berries) and ricotta cheese were cold so it was an interesting combination in my mouth! The smoothie was a tad too thick, so the next time I'm going to add in more milk. Other than that though, the sweetness the honey gave was perfect! Not too overpowering/ not bland! Flavoursome!

No comments:

Post a Comment