Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 21, 2010

Noodles with peanut sauce & Honey Glazed Orange Chicken



I decided to make peanut sauce for my noodles by trial and error. I mixed hot water, a tablespoon of peanut butter, some soy sauce, pepper, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar then let it simmer and thicken. I ate this sauce with egg noodles.

I then pan fried my chicken (that I mixed with thyme, pepper, salt) until it browned, then baked it for 20 minutes at 175C with orange slices, orange juice and honey glazed on top of it.
Voila!

I ate this all with a side of steamed corn. I think though, that the noodles with the peanut sauce overpowered the honey glazed orange chicken. I'm still trying to find different combinations of meat, vegetables + pasta/carbohydrates side that meshes well together by trial and error. So far, the best has been chicken with sweet potatoes on the side. Works well!

No comments:

Post a Comment