Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 17, 2010

Winner's Bible Progress Post #1

So last night I went ahead and completed my own Winner's Bible as directed by Kerry Spackman's book. I was surprised that I actually did all of that in 1 sitting (which is very rare for me because I am usually easily distracted). Today morning surprised me also since I got up and did my early morning jog. The power of visualization is actually pretty amazing. Go me! I just got back from my run and am eating something healthy (banana and honey yoghurt with mixed berries...instead of what I would crave...eggs benedict). So once again, surprised myself. It's quite fun actually surprising myself and what tiny steps I can take. As for being consistent with leafing through my Winner's Bible...did that also today! Woo-hoo! I didn't succeed however in waking up early (well not as early as I was aiming for...I woke up at 745am when I wanted to wake up at 530am...epic fail!). There's tomorrow to try that one out! They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit. (I've always wondered what a formed habit would feel like, I meant the transition from it not being a habit to it being a habit...will I feel restless if I don't do these habits? I guess I'll find out in due time!) So jogging, eating healthy and leafing through my Winner's Bible, 20 days to go and counting down! Waking up early...21 days here I come!

As a side note, I think it keeps life interesting to try old habits (not necessarily good or bad ones like neutral ones i.e. showering right after you run as opposed to cooling down before taking a shower) in a new way. It adds spice to it! I used to think that being comfortable by following a certain routine makes me feel more at ease, but I've realized otherwise lately. I shall have to explore this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment