Beautiful morning dew (taken in July 2010)

May 8, 2010

Pasta cream sauce from scratch!


I've always thought that pasta cream sauce took a lot of time to make so I would always buy those ready made ones, but I would never be satisfied with how it tasted - not creamy enough, not salty enough, not even tangy feeling to it enough. Boy was I wrong! I came across a recipe in the Woolworth's magazine and I decided to make it finally! It was super easy:
- pan fry mushrooms and garlic
- mix in thickened cream, lemon rind, lemon juice and salt and pepper to flavour
Voila!

I'm also trying to cut down on eating red meat so I didn't use minced meat like I would normally make pasta with and used mushrooms instead. Like Robin Sharma would say, you don't want to be feeding low octane fuel if you want to feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment